Above video published on Jul 30, 2017 via the AishVideo YouTube channel – By Rabbi Eitiel Goldwicht –
How preconceived notions cause baseless hatred.
Article below via hebrew4christians.com (free PDF download)
Introduction Tish’ah B’Av (תשעה באב, the “ninth [day] of [the month of] Av”) is an annual day of mourning that recalls the many tragedies that have befallen the Jewish people over the centuries, some of which coincidentally(?) have occurred on the ninth day of the Hebrew month of Av. In particular, the following tragedies are all said to have occurred on this day:
Titus looting the Second Temple as depicted in the Arch of Titus located on the Via Sacra, Rome.
1. The LORD decreed that the original generation rescued from Egypt would die out in the desert and be deprived from entering the Promised Land because of the Sin of the Spies (Num. 13)
2. The destruction of the First Temple (Babylonians, 586 B.C.)
3. The destruction of the Second Temple (Romans, 70
4. In 135 A.D. the Jews rebelled against Roman rule under the false Messiah Simon bar Kochba and were destroyed by Hadrian in the battle at Betar.
5. The Gemara relates that Turnus Rufus, a Roman officer, plowed the area of the Temple under. Rambam (Maimonides) added that all the homes in Jerusalem were likewise ploughed under at this time.
6. The expulsion of the Jews from England in 1290
7. The expulsion of the Jews from Spain in 1492
(If you share this article with our sharing tools below, the above image will appear with the link.)