This is the burning question – why, after the Israeli war for independence, were the Jewish refugees flooding into Israel’s safety from their now-hostile home countries in the Middle East and Northern Africa (numbering 1 million) immediately settled and the “Palestinian” Arab refugees, fleeing Israel during the same war, NOT settled – ever? Answer? “UNRWA.”
- Defense Minister – Israel is on its way to war – WorldIsraelNews.com, WIN Staff
- Jordan decides not to renew parts of 1994 peace treaty with Israel – jta.org, JTA Staff
- United Nations Watch Statement Delivered by Colonel Richard Kemp – unwatch.org, UNWatch.org
- Rivlin calls for ‘Reverse Birthright’ trips to better IsraeL-Diaspora ties – TimesofIsrael.com, Michael Bachner
- Britain’s Grooming Gangs – gatestoneinstitute.org, Denis MacEoin
Defense Minister – Israel is on its way to war
by WIN Staff for WorldIsraelNews.com, October 22, 2018
“We have examined all the options and Israel’s final resort is to strike at Hamas,” Defense Minister Liberman said.
Egyptian mediation has failed and Israel is on its way war. That was the message Defense Minister Avigdor Liberman delivered Monday to the Knesset Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee.
Israel has recently seen an increase in the intensity and the volume of violence and attacks emanating from Gaza, which culminated in Wednesday’s rocket attack on Israel which destroyed a home in Beersheba.
“Fifteen thousand people do not show up by foot at the border fence,” Liberman said. “We have been talking since March 30 about the tens of millions [of shekels] Hamas has spent … They pay for every person killed $3,000, each seriously wounded $500, and a moderately injured [rioter receives] less than $200.”
by the JTA Staff for jta.org, October 22, 2018
(Left) King Abdullah II of Jordan at a meeting with President Donald Trump in the Oval Office of the White House, June 25, 2018. (Olivier Douliery/Pool/Getty Images)
Jordan’s King Abdullah told Israel he has decided to not renew parts of their 1994 peace treaty.
Abdullah said Sunday he would not renew two of the treaty’s annexes, that allowed Israel to lease two border areas from the Jordanians. Israel’s 25-year lease on the areas – Baqura and Ghamr – is up next year.
United Nations Watch Statement Delivered by Colonel Richard Kemp
by the UNWatch.org for unwatch.org, October 22, 2018
During the UN Human Rights Council Special Session on Gaza, Colonel Richard Kemp (above) delivered a UNWatch.org statement.
“Hamas’s goal, in their own words, was “blood… in the path of Jihad.”
“I ask every country in this Council: You have all been telling us that Israel should have reacted differently. But how would you respond if a Jihadist terror group sent thousands to flood your borders, and gunmen to massacre your communities?
“Your failure to admit that Hamas is responsible for every drop of blood spilt on the Gaza border encourages their violence and use of human shields. It makes you complicit in further bloodshed.”
Rivlin calls for ‘Reverse Birthright’ trips to better IsraeL-Diaspora ties
by Michael Bachner for the TimesofIsrael.com, October 22, 2018
President Reuven Rivlin on Monday called for a new agreement to be forged between Israel and Diaspora Jews that would put more emphasis on Israelis familiarizing themselves with Jewish communities around the world.
Speaking in Tel Aviv, Rivlin said the fact that the annual event is held in Israel once every five years is an “important statement.”
But he added that Israel and world Jewry “need to talk, we have to talk, and we need to listen,” referring to growing divisions surrounding the Orthodox grip on institutions in the country.
“It may not be easy to have a truly honest conversation, but this is, I believe, what needs to happen,” Rivlin said in his speech. “We cannot escape from returning to the table and re-discussing our disputes.”
Britain’s Grooming Gangs
by Denis MacEoin and gatestoneinstitute.org, October 22, 2018
- As often cruelty to women happens not only behind closed doors, but in the public square, we can only guess how this display affects both women and men. Sons see how their mothers are treated; this too doubtless informs their behaviour.
- It is important not to assume that the members of British grooming gangs consider themselves jihadis entitled to capture non-Muslim girls. They do not even appear at all pious. But knowledge of such practices is likely to have some impact on Muslims coming from countries where some form of slavery or indentured servitude still exists.
- Sadly, in the case of Britain’s grooming gangs, religious ideology does not play a role in forbidding child sexual grooming. It is important to examine just how crucial a factor this seems to have been in community silence about them.
|In the West, women’s dress, behaviour, and rights to autonomy have been freed from religious control only in the 20th and 21st centuries, with the rise of the suffragettes, feminism and the availability of safe contraception. Pictured: Suffragettes on way to Boston, sometime between 1910 and 1915. (Image source: George Grantham Bain Collection, Library of Congress)|
Men, after a certain age — as nature seems to have intended to preserve the human race — are often sexually attracted to women. Women, similarly, are often sexually attracted to men, even if many cultures try to keep that proclivity a closely-guarded secret.
Different cultures handle human sexuality in different ways, presumably to avoid the potential social disruption it could create. This control has traditionally been affected by religious doctrines, laws, and patriarchal priests, ministers, rabbis, muftis and other clergy. In the West, women’s dress, behaviour, and rights to autonomy have been freed from religious control only in the 20th and 21st centuries, with the rise of the suffragettes, feminism and the availability of safe contraception.