Esther Levens has been appointed by Presidents George H. W. Bush, Gerald Ford and Richard Nixon to serve on three U.S. Presidential Advisory Councils:
- The U.S. Holocaust Memorial Council
- National Advisory Council on Vocational Education
- National Advisory Committee on Education of Handicapped Children
As Founder in 1991 and Chief Executive Officer of the Unity Coalition for Israel (UCI), Esther has brought together more than 200 organizations to educate Americans and others about Israel, the Middle East and radical Islam.
This Coalition, representing millions of people, has served as a clearinghouse for information on Israel, its history and culture, and that of the 22 Arab nations surrounding it. She has overseen this broad educational outreach to grassroots America by communicating with the secular and religious media, college campuses, the U.S. Presidential Cabinet, the U.S. Congress, the Israeli Knesset and other government officials.
UCI has held seven major educational conferences in Washington DC featuring experts on the Middle East. They twice hosted Benjamin Netanyahu, Prime Minister of Israel, during his first term of office, attended by more than 4,500 in Washington DC at the JW Marriott and Mayflower Hotels.
UCI has also sponsored numerous press conferences on Capitol Hill, at the National Press Club, and at the National Religious Broadcasters annual conventions.
UCI has co-sponsored the following:
- The First Jerusalem Summit, an international think-tank in Israel
- The Knesset Christian Allies Caucus
- The International Israel Allies Caucus Foundation (IIACF)
- The Annual Embassy of Israel Solidarity Seminar in Washington, DC
- Kansas City's "Gathering," a city-wide, annual, interfaith pro-Israel event.
Esther has also served as a member of the Board of Directors of the following organizations:
- Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs (JINSA)
- National Conference on Soviet Jewry (NCSJ)
- American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC-National Council)
- National Council of Jewish Women
- Johnson County, Kansas Mental Health Center
- Johnson County Community College Foundation, Executive Committee
- Republican Jewish Coalition
- Founder and CEO of the Unity Coalition for Israel, a current position